Monday, April 5, 2010

Feather her Nest


I'm hoping all my friends, especially the one the shower was for (Kristen), had a good time at the shower!

I thought I would post the recipes and the baby/mommy devotional in case anyone was interested.

Sunset Punch

oranges
orange juice
cranberry juice
gingerale

freeze some cran and/or orange juice into ice cubes
combine equal parts of juices and gingerale
add juice cubes and sliced oranges
AND serve

Almond. Berry, and Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole
(long title)

8-10 cups bread cubes (I used crossiants-Challah bread is excellent, too)
8 eggs
3 cups milk
4 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
approxiamately 1 cup berries of your choosing (frozen work, too)
4-8 oz. cream cheese, cubed (to desired amount)
2 Tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
cinnamon sugar mixture
1/2 cup sliced almonds
maple syrup

preheat oven to 350 degrees. lightly butter 9x13 baking pan. line bottom of pan with 1/2 bread cubes. sprinkle cubed cream cheese and berries. top with other 1/2 bread cubes. mix eggs, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, and almond extracts. pour egg mixture over bread. dot top with butter pieces. cover with plastic wrap and press down with another casserole dish or something heavy enough to soak all the bread for 10 minutes or so. sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture to taste. bake 45-50 minutes until top is golden and inside is fluffy and not too soggy. for the last 5-10 minutes sprinkle on sliced almonds. serve with maple syrup. enjoy!

Cheesy, Sausage Egg Dish

1/4 cup butter, melted
1 dozen eggs
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer)
1 box onion garlic (or whateve you find) croutons
salt
1-2 pounds sausage, browned (I used 1 1/2 lbs.)

grease 9x13 pan. spread out croutons then meat, and then cheese. mix remaining ingredients and pour over the top. bake at 350 degrees 45 minutes till puffed and cooked evenly. yum!

I'm sorry, I didn't do the dessert, so I don't have the recipe. I'll have to get it from Beth, cuz' it was so tasty. Let me know if you want to know that one!

AND finally some people asked to see the devotional again and the books I recommended.
I will be posting that soon-please keep checking back!






Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Great job decorating, I wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you Maria!

    ERin! I am anxious for you to post your devotional! I know I am not the only person who is anxious to read/skim that over again! So Rich! Also... did you take the Easter pics? They are great!

    ReplyDelete