Monday, March 15, 2010

Baby Shower Advice

So I went to a baby shower yesterday. They had everyone bring advice, tools, and/or tricks to share. So I have a ton of advice, tools and tricks being in the middle of raising a 2 year old and 9 month old. I didn't want to be overwhelming with advice so I gave a book that has great advice in it. I gave Don't Make Me Count to ThreeDon't Make Me Count to Three: a Mom's Look at Heart-Oriented Discipline, by Ginger Plowman-an excellent book about raising children to know Jesus, training and discipline. I wish I could have given more advice and said more-so I'll just say it here!

tools I love:

snack-traps -easy for baby to eat snacks without spilling (you can find them at Babies R Us website)














Infant chairFisher-Price My Little Lamb Deluxe Infant Seat - White/Brown - I call it the lazy-boy chair. It allows mommy to get things done while baby watches in their comfy chair. When they are very little it might help a baby with a stuffy nose get better sleep at night.

bumkins bibs-they wash so easily and are waterproof














mesh food bags- with handle (sorry I don't know the brand name off the top of my head) - good for babies just learning to eat and babies teething, you can put frozen/fresh fruit in it or an ice cube
mirror/toy tied to crib - essential to keep baby entertained when they take some time to fall asleep or when they wake up too early

cotton sleep sack w/ mittens (like a long dress/open at the bottom) -great for newborns, easy diaper changing



robeez shoes - they stay on their feet and keep them warm AND when they learn to crawl it gives them traction (I have wood floors).













socks with an elastic band -they stay on (Carter's calls them Bubble Socks)

nuk clip - so you don't loose the nuk every time the baby spits it out you can keep it clipped to the baby or carseat

a walker (like an exersaucer, but with wheels) - babies love the freedom of being able to follow you all over the house (once again, I have wood floors-that helps)

onesies with mittens -for the newborn that likes to scratch themselves (if your baby is like mine, their nails are super long at birth and grow like weeds-I can never keep up)

a calendar for 1sts - forces you to notice all the little things and write it down (unfortunately I forgot to do that for my second)

a comfy glider rocking chair - essential for mommy to be comfy when rocking a sick or sad baby in the night or day











exercise ball - great for the baby that needs lots of bouncing

Aquaphor - keeps your baby/kids nice and smooth - like a baby's bottom! Also helps with those strange little dry patches that appear, especially in winter.

Boppy pillow - essential for nursing and helps baby sit up later or for tummy time














saline spray for infants -sometimes their stuffy nose can't be solved with the aspirator

foam for baby in the bathtub - I hate the plastic seats, because baby falls over easily. Just a little water in the tub and the foam allows baby to lay safely in the tub.










Ice cube trays for baby purees or even just parchment paper along with a food processor or food mill

Carseat blanket cover - (JJ Cole collections-bundle me) because it's winter most the year in MN! Keeps baby warm without needing a coat














Reliv nutritional products - for mommy and baby (and daddy and kids!) so you can be sure you are all getting the best nutrition possible- especially since it's so hard to get all the servings of veggies and fruits, fiber, nutrients, etc. you need in one day. You can tell a major difference compared to vitamins or other similar products. Afterall, don't we all worry about our baby's health! http://www.relivingpartners.com/ Visit this website and if you're interested tell them Erin Johnson sent you or send me a message and I'll get back to you right away!

WOW, is that overwhelming? I hope it's helpful! Soon I'll post about favorite books for kids and parents. I'll also post later about advice and tricks. I love sharing these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment