Monday, March 22, 2010

Gouda BBQ Chicken Pizza

Here it is, my BBQ Chicken Pizza



Use your favorite pizza dough
your favorite BBQ sauce (I used KC Masterpiece-nice and smoky)
chicken
mozzarella cheese
smoked gouda cheese YUM!
red onion
butter/olive oil
salt
brown sugar

So I make the pizza dough and let it rise an hour or so. While that's rising I prepare the chicken. Cut into small pieces, marinated in BBQ sauce, then cooked in skillet. Then chop the red onion into slices. Carmelize in the skillet with olive oil and some butter. When the onions are soft I add some salt to taste and approxiamately a teaspoon of brown sugar. I cook the onions till they are browned, soft, carmelized and yummy!

When the dough is ready I spread it onto parchment (if I want to put it on my pizza stone) or on a pizza pan (prepared with crisco or olive oil for a healthier option). I just press it out with my hands. Then I spread the BBQ sauce to desired amount. Spread out cooked chunks of chicken. Sprinkle on smoked gouda cheese and then the mozzarella. Then spread the carmelized onions over the top.

If I am using a pizza stone I preheat the oven to 450 degrees for at least 30 minutes with the stone in the oven. Then I slide the pizza with the parchment onto the stone and bake for about 12-15 minutes.

If I'm cooking on a pizza pan (or I use a large jelly roll pan), preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Then cook the pizza about 12-15 minutes.

At my house we're still not sure which cooking method we like best.

So try it out and let me know what you prefer! Either way it's pizza!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment